Tuesday, 11 May 2010 10:10
Bicycle mechanics repair, service and assemble bicycles
They may perform the following tasks:
* speak with customers
* assemble packaged bicycles ready for sale from retail shops
* inspect, repair and service customers' bicycles
* fabricate components/equipment
* diagnose and road test bicycles before and after performing mechanical procedures
* perform various retail functions including maintenance of stock control systems and shop presentation.
They may work in a variety of businesses including retailers, wholesalers, suppliers, manufacturers and equipment hirers.
Protective clothing such as an apron is usually worn when performing mechanical work.
* enjoy practical and manual work
* be physically fit
* have normal eyesight and hearing
* display mechanical aptitude
* demonstrate good communication skills
* have problem-solving skills
* have no allergies or reactions to lubricants.